Volunteering with woMEn TIME
Do you think you could help others get active and inspire people to reach their goals? Then we need you!
We are helping to launch the This Girl Can Essex Ambassadors volunteering programme. The hope is to recruit already active member of the community and celebrate active women in Essex. We want to highlight the fact that whatever, size or ability you are sport and activity can be fun and an enjoyable part of every women’s life. The Ambassadors will help to advertise opportunities and inspire other ladies to take part in more physical activity and most important break down the barriers to why women do not take part.
To be a This Girl Can Ambassador it doesn’t take a lot . . .
- To help promote women and girls sport and physical activity sessions via social media
- Signpost women to the This Girl Can Essex Facebook page/ Active Essex and woMEn TIME websites and national This Girl Can website for information on local available opportunities how to get more active
- Most importantly, be an inspiration to other women in Essex to be more active
- Skills to help encourage nervous ladies
- Be able to get to various locations around Chelmsford
- A little spare time on your hands.
There are many opportunities to buddy within gym or exercise classes, as a walk, cycle or run leader and you can also get funding for training opportunities to take your learning further into sports or marketing and engagement qualifications.
For some more information and Frequently asked questions please see below:
- What do I need to do to become a This Girl Can Ambassador?
- How much time do I need to commit?
- Do I receive any support as a volunteer?
- What do we need from you?
- What are the training opportunities?
- What is the next step?